Role: Trainee Web and App Developer – Ghanzi (2 Positions)
Must have a degree, diploma or certificate in any field. No programming or design experience required. Synergy Kinetics is looking for applicants for the role of Trainee Web and App Developer – Ghanzi (2 Positions).
Duration: 2 – 4 Years (Transition to Junior then Senior Developer)
Remuneration: A monthly allowance that will be increased for each year of training leading to a full salary and promotion to Senior Developer upon completion.
Location: On Location (Ghanzi, Botswana)
Submissions: Suitably qualified applicants should submit their application at the bottom of this page, which should include a Curriculum Vitae(CV)/Resume.
Web and App Developer Job Responsibilities:
During and after completing the Training Program, the Trainee will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites and apps, from layout to function and according to a client's specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites and apps that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Web and App Developer Job Duties:
During and after completion of the Training Program the Trainee should be able to fulfill the following duties:
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management, as well as the authority and scope to apply expertise to many interesting technical problems.
- Trainee will have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web as well as mobile functions and standards.
- The position will require constant communication with colleagues and clients who may be in remote locations.
- The Trainee will gain experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- The Trainee will gain a deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web and Mobile REST APIs.
- The Trainee will gain a strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
Trainee Web and App Developer Job Qualifications and Requirements
The following skills and competencies are required of each applicant:
- Must be competent and proficient at the use of a personal computer and mobile devices
- Must be comfortable working online
- Must be in possession of either a degree, or diploma or a certificate in any field of study from a reputable institution in order of decreasing advantage
Although there are no formal educational requirements to become a Web Developer, experience in the field will be a great advantage for the Trainee. Knowledge in the following is also an added advantage:
- Server architecture
- Experience with application frameworks for Web and Mobile applications
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and MongoDB
A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following subjects is a great added advantage:
- Computer Science
- or Equivalent
Aside from these skills, there are a number of qualities to be highlighted in a Trainee Web and App Developer job description to ensure the most suitable candidates apply:
- Must be technically minded
- Must posses Basic knowledge of Search Engines
- Ability to multitask with strict time constraints, budgets and business goals
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Must be a fast learner, be able to quickly grasp new concepts and must be able to self-teach by using the Web as well as video tutorials with minimum supervision
- Strong communication skills including English Language proficiency
- Have great interpersonal skills
- Must be based in Ghanzi